{USC Baseball Bliss}

April 01, 2011

I know I've said this before, but I just have to say it again...I love Spring and all that it brings!!  Everything about it makes me so happy, and I feel like my mood is instantly enhanced with the first hint of warmer weather and lingering sunlight.  I can't help but smile when I think about suntans, pretty pastels, and spring wardrobes, which will always go hand-in-hand with this season for me.

That's not all though...There's one more thing that really makes it official for me, and that is...Baseball Season!!

I have always been a baseball fan {grew up going to Atlanta Braves games}, but my love for the sport grew tremendously when my husband and I first started dating many, many years ago.  Forrest {who has played baseball all his life} was a proud member of the USC Baseball Team, and he served as a left-handed pitcher his entire college career.

Baseball was his life and his passion, and it soon became mine as well. He loved being on the mound, and I loved seeing him light up when he played the game. Every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons/evenings were spent at the field, and I didn't miss a game on the road.  It was definitely a major part of our relationship, and it will always represent something very special for both of us. Those baseball days were wonderful, and I will never forget them.

It's hard to explain unless you're living in the moment, but there is a special bond formed on that USC field, and the team, their families, and their other loved ones, truly became one, big happy family.  It was like a reunion at every game, and we will always remember the amazing times we have had with our USC Baseball "family".

Here are a few of my favorite snapshots of Forrest on the field, and the memories rush back just seeing them...I still remember every game, and I can almost feel the action in the stands when I look at these. :)
{Pitching and Practice}  
{USC Gamecock Baseball}
Forrest and I were both born into USC families {with garnet in our blood}, and we have always been true, passionate, and loving Gamecock fans.  As proud graduates of the University of South Carolina, we feel a love for our university that can't even be explained and Gamecock Baseball will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Sarge Frye Field felt like our second home for so many years, and we're so thankful to have these special pictures to honor the memory of those great days...



USC Baseball will always be pure bliss to our Beverly Family...

So here's to Spring, USC Baseball, and all the things that make the season special to you.  Enjoy your day, and have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Katherine

Post a Comment

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love you blog girl! (Even tho I am a Clemson girl, lol) My bf is a hardcore Carolina fan too(and is trying to convert me, with no luck) We are always in Cola for USC games and such, maybe we will run into each other sometime :) I am a new follower, hope you will check out my blog too :)

{southern bliss...sealed with a kiss} said...

Thanks so much, Sara!! I wish you could be converted :), although I have nothing but love for all my Tiger friends too!!

I'm loving your blog, and I've been on it all morning. You definitely have a new follower as well!

I hope we'll run into each other in Columbia, and I would love to get together with a fellow blogger.

Have a great week!

xoxo~
Katherine