{Family Fun in the Kitchen + One Cool Cookbook}

April 19, 2011

I love making weekend {and sometimes mid-week if I'm homesick :)} road trips to Columbia, SC to visit my parents and my sister, who {in addition to my husband} are the loves of my life and my very best friends. The second I arrive and step foot in their front door, it's like I instantly feel content, relaxed, comfortable, and safe. Their house will always be "home" to me, and there is no better feeling than being back at my "Mama" & "Daddy's".
I even love the drive to Columbia, and I get excited every time I see my exit sign for Mom and Dad's. They are always outside in the front yard ready to greet me, and I can never get out of my car fast enough to hug them when I pull into the driveway. Once I'm finished squeezing them to death :), Dad alway insists on unloading my car, carrying {lots of} my bags inside, and helping me get settled in my room {which truly warms my heart...He is such a true gentleman, and, no matter how old I am, he always takes care of me just like he did when I was a little girl}.

The weekend routine for my visits has actually become like clockwork, and it starts the same every time...In the kitchen. Once I'm unpacked and settled in, we always naturally gather around the bar in the kitchen, and we'll be there for hours before we make our way into the living room. Wine is poured, toasts are made, and then the cooking begins.

Tori {pictured below} and I assume our barstool positions on one side of the island, and mom and dad begin cooking on the other. We love watching our parents cook {always have}, and it is one of our favorite things to do when we're home...They make such a great team, and they always have so much fun preparing meals.

Seeing them cooking together always brings back wonderful memories from my childhood, and I'm so thankful to have been blessed with amazing parents who have instilled in me such a special love of cooking and spending time together in the kitchen.

In honor of my love for family and cooking, I thought this would be the perfect time to introduce this fab cookbook that I discovered online...

Communal Table - a series of self-published books about sharing the love of eating and gathering together. With recipes from bloggers, chefs, and foodies, the first in the series is based on the theme of A Casual Setting.
{Communal Table}
I hope you all enjoy food, fun, and fellowship with your friends and family, and BON APPETIT!!

xoxo,
katherine

Post a Comment

0 comments: